Macado's

The historic Addison’s building, which was constructed in 1912, served in the past as a post office, college cafeteria and a general store. It stood empty for several years before its conversion to a restaurant in the early 1990s. Emory & Henry, which owns the building, operated it as a deli for several years, before it was closed in 2009 and the College began searching for opportunities to lease the building. Addison’s has served many roles in the Emory community. At one time, the back portion of the building even served as a residence for students attending Emory & Henry. Old mailboxes can still be found in Addison’s from the time when it served as a post office.